Tuesday, May 11, 2010

LAST BLOG

I’m excited to be writing my very last blog this year for AP Literature. Just last week, we took the AP Lit exam. I was a little bit flustered in the beginning of the exam, because I had a hard time finding the correct testing location even with the Milton Center programmed into my GPS. I was a minute late, but our class hadn’t started testing yet. Ms. Iton was very concerned. I was glad to find myself in a seat, even if it was behind the air conditioning man, who was banging at something in the wall (The Milton Center is perhaps not the best replacement testing location for St. James, which has comfortable chairs and black Jesus, as opposed to the jailhouse chairs and sweltering heat of the Milton Center).

I began the multiple choice in a stressed state of mind and was unable to read the first passage, so I skipped to an easy prose and soon felt comfortable with the exam. I had done well on the practice multiple choices in class, getting most or all of the questions right. I don’t think I did quite as well as I usually do, despite the fact that the questions on the AP exam were easier than the practice in-class questions, but I think I performed well enough on the multiple choice section to get a 4 and hopefully a 5.

During the break, I ran to the bathroom along with everyone else and had some of a banana that I brought with me. Brain food. Then, the essay section began and I read the prompt. I liked the theme of exile, although I felt that the question had a lot of parts, and I usually struggle to fully answer questions with a lot of different facets. I chose to write about Tess of the D’Urbervilles, because I think the novel fit the theme well. I think I wrote fairly well on the essay about the poem, in which I emphasized the fact that the family’s diversity unified them. I also feel confident in my criticism of the arrogant character in the prose passage.

I’m hopeful that I scored a 4, and possibly a 5 on the AP Lit exam and I’m excited for whatever the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment